Title / Position: Groomer Operator
Position type: Seasonal, Full time; Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Reports to: Director of Mountain Operations, Grooming Supervisor
Grooming a ski slope involves far more than driving a groomer up and down a snowy mountain. It is both a technical skill and an art form, requiring knowledge of the equipment and the type of snow currently on the mountain. Bromley is seeking out talented individuals to operate our groomers. These shifts typically start after the mountain closes working well into the evening.
Summary: Primary role is to groom the trails and terrain park to enhance the guest experience and provide a safe and enjoyable snow surface.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be completely familiar with Prinoth (or Pisten Bully) operating manual
- Review of daily check list at 4:00PM clock-in
- Visually check track belts, tires, tire guides, all oils, liquids & lubricants (i.e. motor oil, hydraulic, hydrostatic, splitter box and antifreeze).
- Obtain grooming plan from supervisor while machine is warming up
- Monitor all gauges throughout shift (should a drastic change occur, stop the machine and radio for assistance).
- Knowledge of the location of all stationary objects such as trees, rocks, hydrants, etc.
- Repair turn-around marks, digs and spinouts and knock down all ridges
- Refueling at ¼ tank (never run out).
- Remove trail bamboo, set to side of slope. Do not run over.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple controls at once
- Must be honest, reliable and dependable
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Punctual and prepared to perform work duties on time
- Able to work sitting down for extended periods of time
- Safety conscious and oriented
- Able to work a night shift, alone in a groomer
- Team oriented
- No previous groomer operator experience required, although preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a groomer, sitting and driving for long periods.
This role requires individual to climb in/out of groomer repeatedly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.