Title / Position: Lift Attendant
Position type: Seasonal, Full-time or Part-time; Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Lift Operations Supervisor
Working on the front-line of our resort, Lift Attendants help our guests load and ride lift equipment taking them up the mountain to enjoy the 47 trails at Bromley. Although the time spent with each guest is short, these people ARE the face of the staff here.
Summary: Primary responsibility is to operate lifts and maintain safe conditions for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands how lifts function; especially their safety mechanisms
- Operates aerial and surface lifts in a safe manner
- Assists guests and those learning to ski/ride at lift terminals, especially loading platform
- Removes excess snow from lifts, ramps, decks, nets and areas adjacent to lifts
- Keeps shacks and adjacent areas neat and free of garbage
- Assists lift maintenance staff as needed
- Assists with lift evacuation
- Performs other duties as necessary
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 18 years of age or older
- Reliable and responsible
- Able to work outside in all types of Vermont winter weather
- Must be able to work standing up for extended periods of time
- Able to push, pull, and lift substantial amount of weight on a frequent basis
- Able to ride a chairlift and not be afraid of heights
- Safety conscious and oriented
- Must be personable and willing to work with others; team oriented
- Must project image established by Bromley
- Have reliable transportation in winter conditions
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily outdoors during the winter season. This includes all forms of winter weather found in Vermont. This role routinely uses landscaping equipment like shovels and rakes.
This is a physically active role requiring several hours of standing and working outdoors; includes shoveling snow, cleaning lift chairs, and building ramps. Occasionally indoors using computers and phones as well. Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs over uneven terrain.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.