Title / Position: Lifeguard and Rec Area Attendant
Position type: Seasonal: Full-time or Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Reports to: Director of Property Services
We are looking for someone who can serve as pool lifeguard and rec area attendant for the summer season. This position works in Bromley Village.
Summary: Primary responsibility is to serve as pool lifeguard and rec area attendant in the Bromley Village.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Prior experience as lifeguard a plus
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Strong swimmer a must
- Have reliable transportation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This individual works outdoors during the summer months.
Position is available from July 4th through Labor Day weekend.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.