Title / Position: Lift Mechanic
Position type: Year-round, Full-time; Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Lifts Manager
Summary: Primary responsibility is to maintain, overhaul and repair all lifts as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, repairs and maintains functional parts of ski lifts
- Diagnos malfunction
- Disassembles and overhauls
- Lubricates machinery and equipment
- Sets up and carries out preventive maintenance program
- Performs other duties as required by Management
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Must have a mechanical aptitude sufficient to understand lift equipment and its function
- 18 years of age or older
- Prior experience as a lift mechanic a plus
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Punctual and prepared to perform work duties
- Must be able to project image established by the company
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from heights
- Must be prepared to work outdoors under inclement weather conditions and extreme cold
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily outdoors year-round. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, and photocopiers as well as maintenance equipment on a daily basis. Role also operates 4-wheelers and snow mobiles on a regular basis.
This is a physically active role requiring several hours of standing and working outdoors. Occasionally indoors using computers and phones as well. Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs over uneven terrain.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.