Cooks: Part time, Weekends and Holidays
Positions available in The Alley, or the Marketplace
This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items that result in high quality of taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues. As our singular goal is to be #1 in Event Hospitality, all of our managers, chefs and employees are “Hospitality Ambassadors.”
• Observe and practice all established health and sanitation procedures.
• Ensure all products are prepared, held and served at correct temperatures.
• Ensure the proper rotation, labeling and dating of all products.
• Use the proper utensils and portions at all times.
• Keep work area clean, sanitized, and organized.
• Keep management informed of food quantities and quality in prep, on the line and in holding cabinets.
• Coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy
• Assist with re-stocking of all plateware and food items as needed.
• Assist other positions when needed.
• Perform all opening and closing procedures as indicated in the Employee Development System Manual.
• May be assigned to work multiple stations throughout the shift.
• Implement and follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• 6 months experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to follow written and oral direction.
• Ability to work under pressure and independently.
• 2 years in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift. Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally greater. Must be able to go from warm to cold climates (workstation to coolers). Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
• Push and Pull equipment such as: Queen Mary’s, speed racks, flat beds, wire carts the distance of up to .4 miles
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Must be able to grasp and apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. (Example serving and or removing a plated meal)
• Must be able to read and comprehend a BEO, diagram and any other documents to ensure that the guests’ needs are met
• Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds and carry it 20 feet
• Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit several times a day
• While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to withstand moderate to high noise levels
• Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to multitask in an office setting
• Ability to operate telephone and to talk and/or hear in a food & beverage setting (noise level is moderate)
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
• Ability to, grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach and lift overhead
• Ability to operate a desktop computer
• Ability to access and produce information from a computer
• Ability to understand written information
• Other lifting or physical requirements as added from time to time, or as required to perform the essential functions of this job.
Please fill out an online application, and we will contact you to set up an interview.
All interested applicants must be friendly and outgoing. Should be able to work in a high paced environment and have a positive attitude!
Working Weekends and Holidays are a must!